Thursday, August 24, 2006

As the curtains keep closing

It's with rather sad emotions that i jot down this post. I got a call from one of my family friends that one of the young women we went to school ( like middle & high school) with passed away a few weeks ago and due to the belated news I and I could not attend the funeral. One thing that prompted me to write about this is that this is the 3rd close friend of mine (from back then) who passed away due to AIDS and this comes in a time when they are just getting into their "prime". These people are the kind of students one would envy (back then) as they were "famous", could get any guy/girl they wanted, in short they were the "it". Even though they were more "active" than others (like us,commoners) they were my friends and their lives have been cut short.

This is having a crippling effect on the economy. There's a missing age group,these are the people who we call economically active.Their market capitalisation value always an upward trend.Visionary, Innovative, Insightful, Incredible people we lose.For a mother who raised his son,gave him the best education money can but only for him to be killed by Sex? Seems pretty hush and stupid but that's reality,how a moment's pleasure can be the death of man.

These curtains keep closing,one by one, drape by drape. I hope we learn from our fallen friends,lovers,families,enemies,most cherished,most hated. Let's get our priorities straight. Life's too short. If u are currently between 23-27, this is the time to make all your money,by 30 u must be able to retire. Can't be working by 50,No f*cking way!Not even working for yourself, no! Rather let the money work for me!

So, R.I.P to all that hath fallen. Hope all is well. For those left behind this is the time to mend your ways and be true to what is true to you.

Here a few kind words, Irie Still!

Farewell To My Friend
by Doug Boren
Monday, September 29, 2003

..


The swirling snow, upon the wind,
As I say farewell to my friend…

Soothes my heart in some small way,
And I hardly feel the cold this day.

It must have been a day such as this,
Maybe it was snow, maybe the mist…

When you were born so long ago…
But now it’s goodbye, amidst the snow.

A strong man, a gentle man, you have ever been,
In our brief encounter, you became my friend.

For it seems I have always known you somehow,
Though the years were denied us, giving only the now.

Would that we had laughed, and shared those times,
But fate denied us living in those climes.

You were a dancer, and smiler, too,
Oh, how I wish I had seen that from you.

Your flowing white hair, so clean and bright,
Stirred the hearts of thy ladies both day and night.

I think of you so long ago,
Flying over distant lands…you are my hero.

Strange, it seems, I can see your youth,
And I can see your spirit, and that’s the truth.

You worked so very hard all your life,
To provide for your children, and lovely wife.

Such sacrifice and giving, day by day,
You were a man, who would never sway.

Your daughter often played at your feet,
Her innocence, and love, ever so sweet.

Though you fought your slumber, she received your smile,
Yes, my friend, you always went the extra mile.

Hard work, devotion, and purpose, too,
These describe just a bit of you.

Thy son is such a serious man,
Sensitive, and righteous, he makes his stand.

He is a lot like you, I perceive,
In his caring, and strength, I do believe.

And of your wife, what can I say,
On this, her most torturous day…

Your love was shared always, and true ,
And she has always been in love with only you.

A lifetime you spent, through good times and bad,
But you were the only love that she ever had.

And with the passing of the years,
You were as One with her, through laughter and tears.

You can be proud of your life’s success…
As a husband, and father, you were the best.

I have stroked your face, and held your hand,
Caressed your brow, with my trembling hand.

I feel that you knew my feelings for you,
Even though each other, we hardly knew.

I remember the times that our eyes would meet,
And somehow our spirits then would greet.

I have known a part of you, my new found friend,
And I thank God I was with you towards the end.

But it is not really the end, I know,
For our beginning is just starting to grow.

For we have made a bond, you and me,
That shall last through all eternity.

I promised you that I would care for your wife,
As well as your daughter, all my life.

You needn’t worry about them at all, ever.
For I shall be with them, and forsake them never.

Jim, you are my friend, and father too,
And I have come to love you, yes, it’s true .


You gave me purpose, in many ways,
Not just for you, but your ladies, till the end of my days.


I thank you, Sir, for touching my life,
And thereby bonding me, to your daughter and wife.

And so on this mid winter’s day, with snow gently falling,
And the swirling wind that seems to be calling…

Not just farewell, but a beckoning, too,
Through our love and memories, we will always have you.

For you have not gone, but simply returned,
Unto your Heavenly Father, for Whom we all yearn.

Amongst the angels, you now reside,
Standing there, without a trace of pride.

And the happiest thought that I would say,
Is the certitude of our reunion, some unknown day.

Farewell, my friend, who touched me deep,
Within God’s arms thou dost sleep.

I love you, I miss you, my special friend…
I bid thee farewell, until we meet again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the HIV?

In accepting Gallo's AIDS virus hypothesis, researchers and physicians took for granted that Gallo had isolated a unique retrovirus, HIV, and that the proteins he used to construct the HIV antibody tests came from pure isolates of the virus. Since the announcement of Gallo's discovery of HIV however, a number of scientists have raised serious questions about what have been accepted as HIV isolates.

According to their claims, HIV, unlike other viruses, has never been isolated as an independent stable particle.151 These scientists assert that electron microscope pictures or micrographs of all HIV isolates originally produced by Gallo and by other AIDS researchers since show some objects that look like retroviruses along with a number of other microbial objects that clearly are not viruses, and that among these, the retrovirus-like objects called HIV are only observed in cell cultures that have been stimulated by certain chemicals.152

Isolation is the only direct and unambiguous evidence of a virus, and isolation of a virus from the uncultured plasma of a patient is the only proof that a person has an active viral infection.153 Cultures are artificial laboratory environments that contain replicating microorganisms or cells.

Normally, true isolation can be achieved without difficulty as people with an active viral infection will have lots of viruses in their plasma. This is not the case with HIV. In fact, there is no evidence that anyone has ever found what is called HIV in fresh plasma. Instead, AIDS researchers are only able to find what they call HIV when plasma or immune cells (co-cultures) and stimulating chemicals are added to cultures. Since artificially stimulated cultures can induce viral DNA to produce viruses even when the patient's plasma contains no virus, finding virus under these circumstances does not constitute evidence that patient plasma contains virus. True virus isolation requires using fresh, uncultured plasma.

When virus can be isolated from the fresh plasma of 99% of people who test positive in validation studies, the test can be considered 99% accurate. When claims of co-culture isolation are used to evaluate positive HIV test results, the accuracy is 0 to 10% for patients with no AIDS symptoms, and about 40% for patients who have symptoms of AIDS-defining illness. 154

The true accuracy of HIV antibody tests has never been established by determining what percentage of people who test positive on HIV antibody tests have actual HIV that can be isolated from their fresh, uncultured plasma. This, along with the fact that what is called HIV has been observed only in artificial laboratory growths stimulated by chemical agents, has led some scientists to conclude that HIV has never been isolated and that all HIV tests are invalid.

(Readers interested in further information on the isolation of HIV are encouraged to examine articles referenced at www.virusmyth.com.)

Anonymous said...

check this out! Sorry about your friend!