Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Flying below the radar

*sigh* It's been some hectic year and we only on the 4th month. I've been caught up in situations, contemplating on the next move i should be making. Now that we out out the Bermuda triangle, it will most probably be smooove sailing. From early days of Jan 07 i hooked up with this ensemble of session musicians and boy did i have a ball! They mostly played standards, your jazzy grooves mixed with Afro funk, then along came the original boboshanti, BlackModz. I&I wanted to be a rap star but the effort of memorizing 160 bars of rhymes was a tad much to ask so i opted to stick to my daily IT job in Business Intelligence. Meeting these guys was a true eye opener, i mean there i was, graced by the presence of musical graduates, arrangers, composers, producers and most importantly splendid artists. I can't even read a score, let alone tell you if that's a C-sharp or an E-minus but i came with my own value to be added, i was gonna be counted.

Being of a dj-ing background, i was quickly made the "soundguy". yeah. silly, tedious job u may think but it's awesome. I get to tell them i don't like how they sound, me the soundguy. :-)
I'm the ear.I'm the one voice that interrupts rehearsals because the base guitarist is loosing the tempo or the pianist is torturing his solo. I have the authority. Me the SoundGuy. I introduced some reggae flavor and we let the motherfucker burn. Burn i said. Last week we did a corporate gig at MTN and rocked too damn much. me thinks much about this band. We'll go places. Keep ya eyes glued on this corner...pix will come.

One thing i know is that i will make it.whatever it is, i WILL.

OneLove.

No comments: